As a Physics assignment helpprovider, I have been in the business for the past several years and have noticed a significant emergence of new disciplines. The latest to the list is STEM education, i.e., a combined teaching approach with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics as its base. Over the same, modern-day educational systems are trying to incorporate a cohesive approach related to real-world applications.
Back in 2009, it was announced by the Obama administration that their “educate to innovate” campaign is primarily based on encouraging students in their STEM subjects. Unlike the traditional educational system, the concept of STEM focuses on technology at the core, integrating subjects and relating them to each other.
Why is STEM important?
Students often seek services from a Science homework helperonline to get away with the exam pressures on time. In the STEM education system, learners must deal with more than one subject at a time and become ready for the future by gaining practical knowledge. So let’s find out what makes the STEM model so essential that institutes plan to ditch the traditional educative modes.
Due to the market’s rise in competitiveness, students with a STEM degree are more likely to get hired than the rest. This is because the former are well accustomed to various real-life circumstances and can grasp the importance of a situation soon, compared to others. Also, it gets easy for nations to work with self-aware citizens and be ready for the future. For that, getting educated in STEM’s model of education is very much essential.
Under what circumstances shall students consider majoring in the field of STEM?
Here are the various circumstances when you consider taking STEM as your main subject for higher education:
- When Maths is your domain: You need to have an excellent grip on the basics of Maths to proceed forward and accurately calculate.
- You enjoy learning about technology: In case technology and machines like electronics, computers, and cars fascinate you a lot, then go for higher education in STEM.
- You are open towards making a career in computer: On completing your higher education in STEM, you will be making a stable career in computer-based jobs. That way, you can say no to those physically challenging otherwise.
- Want to make good money: Landing a STEM job of choice will attract you with great salary packages. You will be able to fulfil dreams and also save for the future.
What are the benefits of studying STEM?
Here are some benefits you will get to avail yourself by studying STEM:
- Build Resilience: While getting educated in the STEM schedule, students focus on the value of failure and learn from their mistakes. This way, they become more resilient, gain confidence in taking higher risks or come back with a bang after an inevitable failure.
- Encourages team building: When dealing with a STEM-based educational system, students are made to work on large projects as a team. That is when they understand what it takes to be a part of a big team and how to collaborate with fellow members.
- Helps you with real-world knowledge: The problems are pretty realistic, helping students deal with real-life situations they will have to face in the real world. Companies find it easy to work with candidates with STEM degrees.
- Offers enough room for experimentation: Students pursuing a degree in STEM have enough room for experimentation. Thus, gaining differential momentum to an individual problem.
Why shall you choose STEM as a career option?
Owning to the broad scope and versatile nature of the various subjects in STEM, it can be a great career option for the students in concern:
- Get to be a part of realistic work environments: Students with a STEM degree grow up to become software engineers, aerospace scientists, chemists, architects and much more. This way, they get to be a part of a realistic work environment with excellent career opportunities. And have their minds invested in discovering something new for civilisation.
- Job security guaranteed: Jobs relevant to the discipline of STEM help with a stable career choice. Students no longer need to be insecure about the sudden inflation or disbalance in the job market.
- Transferable skills: With a STEM degree, you are already accustomed to various subjects. That way, changing from one career option to another will not be onerous under detailed training and thorough guidance.
- New things to learn: You will come across discoveries and better theories daily.
List of some of the famous STEM Careers
Here is a detailed list of the various STEM careers you can choose:
- Software Developer: You will design computer applications and take care of user interface. As a software developer, you will run a beta analysis and identify problems that need to be rectified.
- Physicist: The job will require exploring space’s fundamentals of energy and matter. You will have to develop materials, perform experiments and apply knowledge as it resonates.
- Computer Hardware Engineer: You will be conducting research on circuit board diagrams besides developing and designing the same. Companies will ask you to work on components like memory devices, circuit boards and routers.
- Database Administrator: A database administrator is responsible for maintaining a thriving database environment and taking care of operations-related tasks.
- Computer System Analyst: Also known as system architects, they are responsible for analyzing the current systems in an organization and making improvements to the same.
- Industrial Engineer: As an industrial engineer, your work will reduce the waste of time, money, resources and energy for your organization. With a perfect knowledge of STEM from an early stage, things will get accessible.
- Architect: You will construct buildings and take care of private and governmental structures.
- Statistician and Mathematician: Mathematicians and Statisticians are required to prove theories and come up with new explanations to already existing ones.
List of countries offering STEM education
With all the above information, focusing enough light on the basics of STEM, its importance and career benefits, you must be looking forward to choosing the same as a career option. So here is a detailed list of all the countries offering a well-structured academic opportunity in STEM:
- Australia: Australia has some of the best opportunities to offer in the STEM field. The universities n Australia are known for degree courses in Aeronautical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Computer Science and Chemical Engineering. The list goes as follows:
- The University of Sydney
- the University of Melbourne
- Australian National University
- UK: High-quality education and excellent career prospects have been the main factors attracting students to the UK. Some of the top degree courses in STEM are offered here. Also, the universities offering those are
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- The University of Oxford
- The University of Manchester
- USA: In the USA, you get to choose between 400 STEM courses and make a stable career of your choice. Also, the country allows you to qualify for Optional Practical Training and gain adequate experience in the real world. Here is a list of the high-ranking universities in the USA:
- Stanford University
- Harvard University
- The University of California Berkley
- California Institute of Technology
- Canada: With modern-day infrastructures, post-work opportunities and high-ranking STEM degrees, Canada stand at the 4th position in the world ranking. Here you can choose between degrees like Information System Testing, Health Systems Management, Computer Networking and Technical Support. Some of the top-ranking Canadian universities are
- The University of Toronto
- McGill University
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of Waterloo
- The University of Alberta
- The University of Montreal
- Switzerland: Around 2% of the total scientific research papers published all over the globe have their origin in Switzerland. Also, some of the universities in this country have a total population of 35% of international students. Here is a list of the various universities in Switzerland with high ranks in STEM subjects:
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Institute of Technology
- The University of Zurich
- Germany: German universities are all about bringing technology into the classrooms. The educational institutions here have produced noble laureates for years, and the subjects taught have a high research output. International students prefer the following German universities for STEM degrees because of the organised academic procedure available here:
- The Technical University of Munich
- LMU Munich
- Ireland: The country is known for its courses in Engineering and Science. Also, leading companies like IBM, Google and Amazon are slowly placing their headquarters in the same, making way for a stable work experience after completing one’s education in STEM. The top universities in Ireland are
- The University College Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- National University of Ireland Galway
- Spain: Apart from being the top tourist destination in the world, the country of Spain hosts around 25 universities. They have their places secured in the QS World University Rankings. The list goes as follows
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
- Complutense University of Madrid
The system of STEM assures comprehensive education online with a modernistic approach. Students receiving their essential STEM degrees have a preconceived notion about the outer world and solve problems accordingly. Also, career-wise, they are more aware of their job-specific rights and duties. Thus, securing a stable place in the industry.