The Problem. There has likely been some error if your AirPods case is flashing red or amber at you.
It is nothing to worry about because it usually indicates a pairing mistake, and all you need to do is reset your AirPods.
If your AirPods are blinking red, they require a charge.You can get more information by clicking this link.
You can charge your AirPods by placing them in their case and connecting the case to a power source. Once your AirPods are charged, the red light will go away.
Why Are Your Airpods Flashing Red?
Airpods are flashing because of the following reasons:
Reason #1: Pairing Error
Airpods typically flash red intermittently or repeatedly when there is a pairing error. The simplest solution is to reset your Airpods if you notice that they are flashing amber.
How Airpods are reset?
- Make sure the earpieces are within the Airpods before closing the lid.
- After 30 seconds, open the case.
- Go to Bluetooth under Settings on your smartphone.
- Locate the name of your Airpods by clicking the I button, then select “Forget Device.”
- When the green light blinks, press the button on the case for at least 30 seconds.
- If the red light continues to flash, take your Airpods to an Apple Store.
Reason #2: Low Battery
Airpods are made to blink continually or flash when the battery is running low.
When fully charged, the red blinking should stop; however, when the battery runs out, it can start blinking red again.
It could be the earpieces or the case itself that has to be charged. When AirPods are charging, an amber light flashes; this is perfect for letting them sit for a while before using them.
Reason #3: Error Storing Airpods
If your AirPods are connected, make sure they are chosen as your audio device.AirPods may flash red on occasion due to mismatched earpieces.
You may have switched Airpods with someone else or screwed up the Airpods’ orientation.
The only method to stop your Airpods’ red light from blinking is to get your case back; once you do, the red light will stop.
Reason #4: Outdated Firmware
Learn how to correctly update your AirPods Pro to the newest firmware version and discover what firmware version you’re currently using.
Although Apple’s products are excellent, they occasionally have bugs, which they fix by distributing firmware upgrades.
There is a problem, and the Airpods are flashing red. The problem could then be fixed by updating the firmware of the Airpods, and the most recent update may easily remove defects or issues that were producing red blinking in the out-of-date firmware.
How to fix the issue of “AirPods blinking red”?
If you wish to solve this problem, try the following methods:
- To begin, navigate to your phone’s “Settings.”
- After that, navigate the Bluetooth menu and search for your AirPods’ identity.
- Click the ‘I’ icon next to the name of your AirPods.
- Click “Forget This Device” in the menu and confirm it.
- Close the case and place the AirPods inside.
- Reopen the lid and hold the reset button on the back of the case until a flashing white light shows. It indicates that your AirPods are ready for pairing.
- Bring your AirPods closer to your iOS smartphone if you have one. After you open it, a setup sequence will show on your homepage. Then tap “Connect” and then “Done.”
- If you have an Android device, go to the “Settings” menu and activate Bluetooth. Locate and click the name of your AirPods.