In Vedic Astrology, Doshas are the malefic combinations or wrong placement of planets in a Kundli of a native. Graha Doshas affect the native’s life negatively and some powerful Graha Doshas nullify the happening of auspicious Yogas in the Kundali of the native.
In this article we will talk about 5 major Doshas that cause affliction to the native and people related to them. Read below these major Doshas and the remedies to eliminate or minimize their effect:
Mangal Dosha is caused by the placement of Mars in the 2th, 4th, 7th, or 8th house of the Kundali of a native. A native with Mangal Dosha is called Manglik. This Dosha affects the person by causing delay in marriage, fights between spouses, divorce or separation, or even death of the non-Manglik partner. It also causes financial and career problems to the native.
Remedies for Mangal Dosha:
- Worship God Hanuman on Tuesdays and chant Hanuman Chalisa everyday.
- Chant Gayatri Mantra 108 times every day.
- Worship God Shiva and Parvati and Vishnu and Laxmi by offering them red flowers for getting married.
- Perform Mangal Shanti Puja after consulting an expert Astrologer.
- Visit the temple of God Hanuman every Tuesday and offer sweets to him.
Kaal Sarp Dosh
This Dosha is caused when all the planets in a Janam Kundali are placed between Rahu and Ketu. Kaal Sarp signifies the ‘time of the snake,’ represented by Rahu as the head of the snake and Ketu as the body and tail of the snake. Kaal Sarp Dosha affects a person by creating problems in the career growth of the person, constant health issues, problems in marital life and problems with their family and parents, financial losses and issues, incurable diseases, mental health problems like anxiety, and obstacles in success in every sphere of life.
Remedies for Kaal Sarp Dosha:
- Chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra 108 times daily.
- Chat ‘Om Namah Shivay’ daily 108 times.
- Chant Hanuman Chalisa daily.
- Perform Rudrabhishek on Maha Shivratri.
- Offer milk to snake gods on Saturdays, especially on Naag Panchmi.
Pitra Dosha or Pitru Dosha is caused by the bad Karmic deeds of the fathers and forefathers of the native, the debt of which is to be paid off by the native. It is caused by the bad Kamna of ancestors in the previous birth, not taking the responsibilities of parents and grandparents in old age, or cursed by an outsider due to bad deeds performed to the individual or their family member. This dosha causes problems in family life, sudden deaths, and illness to newborns or children in the family.
Remedies for Pitru Dosha:
- Perform Shradhas during the Shradh Paksh and offer food and clothes to Brahmin.
- Donate red colored clothes on Amavasya and Sankranti.
- Offer water to Lord Shiva and pray to him daily.
- Offer water to the Banyan tree daily.
- Pray to ancestors during Shradh Paksha and seek their forgiveness for wrong deeds done to them and seek their blessings.
In Kundali matching, this is the first Dosha that an Astrologer looks for in the couple’s peaceful marital life. This Dosha occurs when a person marries a person with the same Nadi. This Dosha causes troubled married life for the couple. The couple lack compatibility and lack understanding and intimacy. They face problems in childbirth. The children of the couple are born weak or with diseases or with physical or mental disabilities.
Remedies for Nadi Dosha:
- Perform Nadi Dosha Nivaran Puja under the guidance of a professional Astrologer.
- The couple should make donations of food, clothes, and money to underprivileged people.
- The native should chant Maha Mrityunjay Mantra daily.
- The native should donate cow, and feed jaggery and grass to cows daily.
- Wearing a gemstone, chanting relevant Mantras, and placing Yantras as guided by the Astrologer also helps to ward off Nadi Dosha.
Guru Chandal Dosha
This Dosha is caused when Jupiter combines with malefic planets like Rahu or Ketu in a Janam Kundali of the native. Guru Chandal Dosha causes career problems in the life of the native. The native is inclined towards bad habits and company and may get into illegal and immoral activities. The person faces problems in education and career. The native becomes disrespectful towards elders in the family. They may also incur debts, financial losses, and bad reputation in society.
Remedies for Guru Chandal Dosha:
- Chant Guru Mantra daily as suggested by the Astrologer.
- Wear yellow colored clothes and eat yellow colored food on Thursdays.
- Give food to animals and birds to please Jupiter with kindness.
- Visit temple every Thursday and offer sweets to other devotees.
- Respect and love your elders, parents, teachers, and siblings.
These are the major 5 Doshas in a Kundali of a native that have severe effects on his life and family. Chat with an expert Astrologer to get Kundli Analysis and see the existence of Graha Doshas in your birth chart. Timely remedies of these Graha Doshas can help you live a peaceful and successful life.